Set Your Property Up For Success
Now, before your home is placed on the market, it needs to be in “show” condition. This may not be that difficult for those who are vacation homeowners or absentee owners and investors, since those types of properties are generally clean and up to date. For those selling a primary residence, your Carlos German And Team Advisor can explain what repairs and upgrades are required for your home that are most likely to produce the best results and price. Your Advisor can also give you referrals for contractors and businesses to help with any repairs or upgrades. Once your property is ready to be shown, you can move on to the next step.
Set the Price Right The First Time
This is often one of the trickiest parts of selling a property. You want to get the best possible price and terms, but there are many factors that will set guidelines for how much you can get for your property.
These factors include:
- Market conditions
- Interest rates
- Sale prices of other properties in your area
- Rising and falling of supply and/or demand
- If the seller needs to sell the property quickly
You Carlos German And Team Advisor can assist you with gathering information to help you get the listing price right the first time, and will construct the sale terms designed to move the selling process along smoothly and to yield the best possible results for you.
Once you and your Advisor have set the price for your property, you will have to sign a Listing Agreement. A Listing Agreement is a contract that includes:
- The price that the property will be listed as for sale
- The start and end date under which the property will be “For Sale”
- The terms and conditions under which the property will be sold
- The agreed upon compensation of your real estate Advisor
- Authorizations that you will grant your Advisor to act on your behalf and to use their talents and connections to find a buyer for your property
Once the listing agreement is completed, the property is ready to be marketed for sale.
As we mentioned above, some of the most crucial factors of determining the value of your property are, market conditions, supply and demand, median local prices and general statistics on your local community. At Carlos German & Team we release weekly market reports via email with real-time data on your local market. If you’d like to a get copy of our reports for your local market, please contact us and we'll be happy to send a report to you.